Apr 19, 2010

Untitled - Jonathan Davis

If I ever own a cafe I will place
one chair at each table.
When I have coffee, I want to drink alone.

Sitting with an empty chair across from me drives me insane.
It's breathing into the face of a world, a society, a foolish
expectation
that screams...

Screw you for not playing with people every moment of the day.
For not surrounding yourself with chatter.
For not commercializing every second of your life.
For not drinking your coffee in a crowd.

Being lonely no longer means that you want company.
It means not having someone else on your back
for any period longer than it takes you to shower.

It has become an introvert's nightmare,
an ocean of little orange fish all following each other.
That is why in my cafe the chairs are placed one to each table.

No comments:

Post a Comment