Nov 2, 2009

Dirty with Heroin - Jake Thompson

A harp in his hand
Is he in a band?
As I stare at the curls on his chin
We wait for him to begin
Is he gay is he straight?
He listens to us debate
As we wait for him to begin
He sits in a refined position
But I still need to make a decision
Why is he so happy?
The glee on his face
Could enlighten the whole human race

Finally he began to pick
And something in my mind clicked
He loves to play
This explains it all
The smile on his face
And why he was happy
So he begins to play
His music filled with passion, beauty, and bliss
But I couldn’t dismiss the fact
He was happy
He finishes

The next day
The man we debated whether he was gay
Was found on the street
He had met his defeat
For his blood was as mud
Dirty with heroine
For drugs was his demon
And he wasn’t a heathen
He was far from it

As I reach my conclusion
It was no illusion
The music in my head
Was certainly not dead
But it full of passion, beauty, and bliss
Until he left our world
Due to heroins deadly kiss.

My emotions rendered
My soul i surrender
"Despite all my rage
I am still just a rat in a cage"

But its time to turn the page
As I listen to the band
I wish to hold anothers hand
But to dance will not change the fact
I'm still a rat in a cage

To go big or go home
On this im not alone
To give this dog a bone
Or to fake it
I am alone and will not make it

To give the dog the bone
To go big or go home

No comments:

Post a Comment